So today was the 3rd day of this full week workshop, and i think so far so good, alhamd lilah. .. its just that i wish i was a bit more prepared for it. .. I mean there were a part for mentoring that would have been far more valuable should i had the right questions… But all is not lost, or for that to happen, I’m writing here!
I mean, if I could summarize the action plan from today, I would say : reassess my map… That is not going to be easy, but it is the right step from now…
Below, are the rules for a fruitful life:
- B.K.* :”I’m very specific about how i spend my time”
- R.G.*:” maybe you want to go after the big guys, big impact projects, 》》》big impact publications》》》 or, you go to high profile lab, and it builds up your reputation!”
- R.G.*:”I have no publications, true. But I’m in a big lab… Now i can a afford to choose my projects, but also more critically, i have the wisdom to know the difference… i also get to be around the big guys: magdi yaqoub, Nobel laureates and more….”
- R.G.*:”Back home is way too slow, there is more to life, and is not about where you are: i put on light music in my ears, start reading, and boom!my train is here. ..”
- R.G.*:”We can a afford to fly home now. .. We already have a retirement plan, and we don’t need to plan that one! Just go home!”
- And from a Kenyan coleauge: “We Kenyans, snap the chance when it comes passing by… “
So, now.. I need to put these in action! So, here is my challenge: In a year from now: 2/12/2016, what have would you have done that you could trace back to these words? There should be plenty, and I invite you to write it up below!
Knowing your potential, I hope you snap this chance…